I joined a weight loss challenge about a month ago (beginning of the year), and I’ve all but abandoned it. It’s still on my mind, but I haven’t gone as HARD as I had hoped. There are a few things that I’m implementing in my life though. I’m not 100% there yet … but I’m hoping I’ll take some steps toward my goal.
- Walk at least 30 minutes a day (Of course, I don’t have to walk, but I want to do at least the equivalent of walking every day).
- Drink plenty of water (and eliminate all other drinks … This is a bit extreme, but I’d like to drink teas, lemon juice flavored water, etc instead of sodas and juices).
- "Meditate" at least 5 minutes a day. I’ve got a handy timer and I’m planning on starting my day with meditation by closing my eyes for (at least) 5 minutes and thinking positive thoughts/affirmations and setting my intention(s) for the day. Easy peasy.
- No eating out during the weekdays. (Hands down the most difficult, and the one that I’ll struggle with the most … but the one that will reap the most benefits health-wise, financially, etc).
- Reading (at least) an hour a day. Preferably a book.